To equip students to enjoy lifelong reading, to analyze and interpret a variety of genres, to evaluate all that they read from a biblical worldview, and to become effective communicators.
- Foster a joy of reading
- Differentiate instruction with reading groups to meet the instructional needs of individual students
- Integrate a phonogram approach to phonics teaching and word-work instruction
- Teach vocabulary in context
- Encourage fluency by first reading silently for comprehension and then orally for communication
- Enhance comprehension through literary skills and strategies
- Develop discernment by evaluating literature from a biblical worldview