The Making Connections in Literature (4th edition) two-volume teacher edition supports teachers in helping students analyze and evaluate literature and come to a biblical understanding of each selection. In addition, the teacher edition suggests natural opportunities to encourage collaborative learning in a school environment.
Features of the Literature 8 Teacher Edition
Lesson plans in the Making Connections in Literature Teacher Edition provide a scaffolded lesson pathway for teachers to follow that supports them in using the reading process to prepare students to understand complex texts.
- A lesson plan overview at the beginning of each unit for planning use
- A structured teaching cycle with Engage, Instruct, Apply, and Assess sections
- Specific, measurable objectives for learning goals
- A variety of multisensory teaching strategies corresponding to each section of the teaching cycle
- Reduced student pages for connecting additional content with pages from the student edition
- Additional information for Before Reading sections
- Answers and suggested answers to During Reading questions and Think & Discuss questions after reading
- Differentiated approaches for instruction
- Tagged objectives for biblical worldview shaping throughout the lesson plan overview
- Teaching content for a novel study on Across Five Aprils (teacher novel included with teacher edition; additional student copies available for separate purchase)
- Instructions for assigning writing projects that encourage oral presentations, the use of technology, and making connections within literature