Iowa Assessments™ for Private Schools
Iowa Assessments™ Form E
Form E tests have updated questions (copyright 2012) and compare your students with newer norms so that they can be more accurately assessed. In addition, the Form E includes Lexile® Measurement for Grades 1–12 as well as free practice tests for the CogAT® that help students prepare to take an abilities test.
Some forms have restrictions in certain states. Please check this list for the most up-to-date state restrictions.
The Cognitive Abilities Test™ can be ordered separately or in combination with the achievement test. There are restrictions for residents of certain states. If you do live in a restricted area, please consider switching to the Stanford/OLSAT tests or postponing your abilities testing.
A Common Core comparison is available upon request for all test levels of the Form E.
The CogAT® tests are sold in conjunction with the Iowa Assessments™ Form E. Learn more about these tests by visiting the Iowa Assessments® for Private Schools page.
Features of the Cognitive Abilities Test™
- It assesses developed reasoning and problem-solving abilities important for learning.
- Combination testing (recommended every 2–3 years) allows comparisons between students' ability and their actual achievement.
- The approximate testing time is 2 1/2 hours (1 1/2 hours of actual working time).
- Verbal classification, sentence completion, and verbal analogies
- Quantitative relations, number series, and equation building
- Figure classification, figure analogies, and figure analysis
Uses and restrictions
- Available for Grades 1–12
- Helps to measure abilities/aptitude
- May be required for entrance into gifted programs
- Restricted in certain states
- Not offered to public school students through BJU Press
- Should not be taken more than once in a 3-month period
|Keep your materials and reuse them next year—purchase only what you need to supplement your test inventory
|Ship all materials back—no need to store anything
|Prices vary depending on what you order
|Pay a flat rate for each student you are testing
|Purchase scoring separately
|Includes everything you need to test (even scoring)
|Order ships when you place it
|Order ships 2–5 weeks ahead of test date
*Return shipping is not included in either option. Please use an insured, traceable carrier when returning your tests to protect the time and effort you have invested in your testing.
**Expect some delay for packing reasons, as well as weekends and holidays. User agreement must be signed before order can ship.
Already have inventory?
If you have existing inventory and/or plan to reuse materials for 2 or more years, use the Purchase option for the best pricing. Once you have your own materials, next year you will need only minimal materials (such as answer documents or consumable booklets) and scoring—reducing your cost per student.
High student/teacher ratio?
The higher your student/teacher ratio, the more you will save with the Purchase option.
Small class size?
Simplify by grouping several grades and using the Service Package option. Rather than accumulating inventory that may not match your future needs, you will be able to order exactly the right number each year.