The Pre-Algebra Student Edition (3rd ed.) gives 8th grade students example and practice activities that guide them in preparing for and learning advanced math skills. This program connects math skills and math studies to real-life applications and encourages students to consider the implications of math for biblical worldview shaping.
What will students learn in Pre-Algebra?
In Pre-Algebra, students will learn to
- evaluate numeric and algebraic expressions involving signed integers and rational numbers,
- simplify and solve linear equations, including those related to percentages, and
- create multiple representations of linear functions.
Much of the goal of Pre-Algebra is to prepare students for advanced math skills in Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. To do so, lessons will introduce students to more advanced skills in geometry, statistics, and data analysis.
Features of the Pre-Algebra Student Edition
- Clear biblical worldview shaping through key design elements, including cartoons that engage students in modeling, reasoning, knowledge, design, and ethics in mathematics
- Example activities to guide students through working math problems and learning math skills
- Practice activities for developing math skills related to the lesson
- Exercises grouped by level of difficulty (A, B, and C) for differentiated assignments and formative assessment
- Problem Solving features that introduce strategies for solving math problems
- Essential Questions and objectives that clearly explain the goals of lessons and chapters
- QR codes linking to additional activities on AfterSchoolHelp
- Key concepts and graphic organizers of worldview shaping objectives for review
- Application Problems feature that teaches students to solve practical problems with real-life applications
- Technology—then & now feature that demonstrates how various advances in technology have improved daily life