The Fundamentals of Math teacher’s edition (2 volumes) equips educators with 7th grade math lesson plans and other resources to provide a successful learning environment for students. The teacher’s edition provides suggested teaching strategies, questions, and much more to encourage student engagement, retention, and development throughout the course.
What do the 7th grade math lesson plans include?
Lessons in the teacher’s edition follow a teaching cycle that offers educators a path for guiding students toward success with seventh grade math. The teaching cycle follows four steps:
- Engage: full-page chapter opener cartoons and smaller cartoons introduce concepts and biblical worldview shaping themes; essential questions point students toward the significant concepts in each lesson.
- Instruct: teaching guides provide suggestions for using mathematical models to build understanding, encourage classroom discussions to justify answers and explain logical reasoning, and provide details for presenting biblical worldview concepts.
- Apply: skill check exercises, student exercise sets, additional exercises, cumulative reviews, and problem-solving sections consistently connect math to the real world.
- Assess: classroom discussions, problem-solving activities, skill check exercises, student exercise sets, additional exercises, and cumulative reviews may be used for formative assessment; quizzes, tests, and STEM projects provide opportunities for summative assessment.
Features of the Grade 7 Fundamentals of Math Teacher’s Edition
The teacher’s edition includes valuable resources for giving students a rich, varied learning experience that provides the foundational concepts students will need in future math courses.
- Suggested discussion questions
- Guides for presenting biblical worldview concepts
- Cooperative learning activities
- Maps lesson content to previous and future math topics
- Specific internet keyword searches for online resources
- Reduced student pages with overprint answers and step-by-step solutions
- Additional exercises
- Illustrated and corrected common student errors
- Differentiated teaching instruction suggestions
- Detailed lesson plan overviews
- Alternative minimum and extended assignment schedules