The BJU Press 7th grade math book focuses on the fundamentals of math to help students build the skills necessary for future math courses. In our 7th grade math textbook, students review all the foundational concepts learned in elementary school and deepen their understanding of concepts introduced in middle school. The structure of each exercise set allows for spiral review of previously learned concepts, ensuring students have consistent and ongoing practice with each lesson.
What fundamentals of math will students learn?
- Whole numbers
- Square roots
- Algebraic expressions
- Equations and inequalities
- Surface area and volume
- Simple, descriptive, and inferential statistics
Features of the BJU Press Fundamentals of Math Textbook
- Thorough explanation of key concepts
- Detailed examples for comprehension
- Use of mathematical modeling to build understanding
- Exercise sets with varied levels of difficulty that include a spiral review of previous concepts
- Cumulative reviews for improved retention and to prepare for standardized testing
- Math—then & now sections that describe how math has been used to develop inventions
- Application Problem and Problem-Solving sections challenge students
- 4 STEM projects
This middle school textbook, used in conjunction with the teacher’s edition, is a key component to guiding students through the BJU Press seventh grade math program. Additional components for support for teaching this course will be available on Teacher Tools Online.