To equip students to master spelling by using word-building skills and to apply spelling strategies to produce God-honoring written communication.
- Guide students in developing spelling skills using phonics patterns, word studies, syllable patterns, high-frequency words, derivational suffixes and prefixes, and Greek and Latin word parts
- Promote the spelling-meaning connection through word study and word sorting activities
- Develop spelling consciousness through proofreading and writing activities
- Strengthen students’ word knowledge, reference skills, and writing vocabulary by teaching dictionary skills
- Meet the needs of individual students by using activities that differentiate instruction