Elementary Math Overview
To enable students to master foundational math skills by applying consistent reasoning to concrete and abstract models to solve problems within the context of a biblical worldview.
- Develop number sense by progressing from manipulatives to abstract representations
- Promote computational fluency and automaticity through consistent, strategic practice and spiral review
- Develop a foundation in number systems, fraction theory, algebra, geometry, and statistics
- Build grit and problem-solving skills through meaningful, authentic applications, including word problems and collaborative STEM experiences
- Make sense of mathematical concepts and applications in light of biblical principles