Secondary Spanish Overview
To equip students to engage in practical and meaningful Spanish communication with proficiency and cultural awareness.
- To develop level-appropriate interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational communication by using language functions within a meaningful context
- To develop vocabulary and linguistic structures needed for language acquisition
- To develop proficiency through exposure, comprehension, and language production
- To expose students to authentic texts in Spanish
- To build awareness and appreciation of Hispanic culture, including music, art, food, clothing, and literature
- To prepare students to apply a biblical worldview in cultural engagement