Unit 1: A Framework | Physics Web Links
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | About Links
Chapter 1: Foundations of Physics
- History of Physics—This site presents a 29-minute video introducing the study of physics. Presented from a secular perspective.
- Cool Careers—The webpage features video segments featuring scientists in various fields explaining why they love the work they are doing. Be aware that these videos are products of PBS, and the scientists espouse a secular worldview.
Chapter 2: Measurement
- History of the SI—This site provides a brief history of the International System of units.
- Redefining the Kilogram—This article presents recent work to redefine the kilogram apart from an artificial object.
- Unit Analysis Resource—Here is a resource that gives another way to do unit analysis.
- Which Cubit?—This is an article written by a biblical creationist that discusses the length of the cubit that might have been used to build the Noah’s Ark.
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.