Reading 2, 3rd ed. Web Links
Literacy apps from Reading Rockets
Reader A: All God's Creatures
Be Wise about Owls
Dogs at Work
- Dogs at Work—Meet some “Dogs With Jobs” at National Geographic Kids.
Reader B: Hearts and Hands
The Fire Keeper
- Cave Dwellers—References about cave dwellers and petroglyphs
- Petroglyphs—References about cave dwellers and petroglyphs
Thank You, Amelia Bedelia
- Meet Amelia Bedelia—meet the author of the Amelia Bedelia series
- Perkins School for the Blind—website for Perkins School for the Blind with information about current programs as well as educational resources.
Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
- Fact or Fiction—Information on the Nativity as a historically credible event
- The Star of Bethlehem —Sites explaining the Star of Bethlehem
Jesus’ birth—Video of the story of Jesus’ birth
Christmas Story—The true story of Christmas
Reader C: Memories to Keep
The Boy and the Dike
- Little Hero of Haarlem—Story of “The Little Hero of Haarlem” published in Harper's Monthly Magazine
Hill of Fire
- Paricutin Church—photos of the Paricutin Church
- Paricutin Volcano—Slideshow of Paricutin on google maps
The Wright Flyer
- First Flight—Video comparing the Wright Brother's test flights
Reader D: Precious Treasures
A Tide Pool
- Tidal Time Lapse—National Geographic time-lapse of a tide pool
- Oregon Tidepools—video of animals in tide pools, virtual tour of a tide pool
- Beaver Dams—Beavers building a dam
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.