Unit One: Conflict | Fundamentals of Literature
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | About Links
A Literary Joust
- Wolstenholme Paintings—A brief biography and several examples of his paintings
- Idiosyncratic Painting—Some examples of idiosyncratic painting
- London Underground—History of the tube (subway system) in London
- Map of London—A map of London for comparing actual street names with street names in the story
- Planetmountain—Site offers the latest news on mountain climbing across the world. Videos, photos, and facts on the subject abound.
- 1986 K2 Disaster—A short narration of one of the worst climbing seasons on K2, the second highest mountain in the world; it illustrates the danger of what the characters in "Top Man" are attempting.
- The Himalayas—Information and videos from PBS.org
- Mountain Climbing—Information on mountain climbing
"Through the Tunnel"
- Zimbabwe—Statistics and facts on Zimbabwe
- The Bolshevik Revolution—A brief synopsis of the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia.
"Robert Louis Stevenson Banks, aka Chimey"
- Pulitzer Prize—History and information about the Pulitzer Prize
- Harlem Renaissance—Background and information about the Harlem Renaissance
- African American Timeline—Library of Congress website with timeline of African American history from 1852-1880.
"Under the Lion's Paw"
- The Northern Great Plains—Library of Congress website with information on life in the Great Northern Plains (1880-1920)
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.