Weblinks for Explorations in LiteratureAbout Links
- Carnegie Hero Fund Commission—Its mission is “to recognize persons who perform acts of heroism in civilian life in the United States and Canada, and to provide financial assistance for those disabled, and the dependants of those killed, by their heroic acts.”
- Edith Cavell’s Statue—Brief biography of Edith Cavell with pictures of her statue and other pictures
“The Most Important Day”
- Anne Sullivan – The Story of My Life—Exclusive biography of Anne Sullivan Macy with nice pictures
“Yes, Your Honesty”
- The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation— Immigrant records
“Snapshot of a Dog”
- Westminster Kennel Club— Described on its website as America's oldest organization dedicated to the sport of purebred dogs
- Newbery Medal—Official site of the Newbery Medal, awarded by the American Library Association for excellence in children's literature
- In Flanders Fields—Stories on Flanders, John McCrae, and this poem.
“Crossing the Plains”
- Plimoth Plantation—Described on its website as a not-for-profit, bicultural museum offering powerful personal encounters with history built on thorough research about the Wampanoag People and the Colonial English community in the 1600s
- Paul Revere Savings Bonds—An image of $5,000 U.S. savings bond. Also see pictures of U.S. savings bonds at Treasury Direct.
- The Wright Brothers—Detailed information on the first flight
“Jimmy Yellow Hawk”
- Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve (Native Authors | Internet Public Library)—Biography and works of Sneve
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe—The official site of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe
- The Lakota Language—Exclusive information and lessons on the Lakota language
“Three Visitors in the Night”
- Christian Medical College and Hospital at Vellore, India
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.