Unit 9: The Australian and Pacific Realms | Cultural Geography, 4th ed.
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | About Links
Chapter 22: Australia and New Zealand
- Australia.com—Official site for Australian travel and Tourism. Lots of interesting information to discover.
- Tourist Australia—Provides much information on various topics and lots of pictures of Australia.
- NewZealand.com—Official site for New Zealand travel and business. Nice destination guide.
- New Zealand Tourism Online—Best information is under “Visitor Info” which gives an interesting presentation of the culture, history, geography, etc. of New Zealand.
- Maori Organizations of New Zealand—Lots of info on the culture, traditions, and folktales of the Maori people.
Chapter 23: Oceania: the Pacific Islands
- South Pacific Organizer—Collection of information about the major island destinations of the south Pacific. Organized by island.
- Map of the South Pacific—Searchable map of Oceania
- CIA World Factbook webpage on Australia-Oceania—Search based on island/island region
Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea Embassy (Washington)—Great information section and good links.
- Vanuatu Travel—Official tourism site by the Vanuatu Tourism Office
- CIA The World Factbook: Vanuatu- Information on Vanuatu’s people, government, economy, communications, transportation, and military
- Rob Kay’s Fiji Guide—Includes a destination guide, natural history, and small gallery.
- Fiji Government Online—Section “About Fiji” contains some useful information. Site also links to official tourist site (visitor’s bureau) with destination guide etc.
Federated States of Micronesia
- Federated States of Micronesia—Official tourism site. Very nice destination guide and a good photo gallery.
- Four states of Federated States of Micronesia: Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei Visitors Center, and Kosrae
- Embassy of the Federal States of Micronesia, Washington D.C.—Embassy’s website concerning the states’ relations with America
- My Marianas—Official tourism site. Some good information and a nice destination guide.
- CIA World Factbook webpage on The Northern Mariana Islands—Information includes the country’s geography, people, government, and economy
- CIA The World Factbook: Guam—Information on Guam’s people, government, economy, communications, transportation, and military
- Embassy of the Republic of the Marshall Islands—Lots of information on the Marshall Islands, from government and culture to nuclear testing issues.
- Nauru Tourism Website—Provides information for visitors, discusses the island's history, and contains beautiful scenes of the island
- CIA World Factbook webpage on Kiribati—Provides information on its people, geography, government, economy, and more
- Tuvalu Online—Includes a detailed history of the island with a special section devoted to WWII. Also, gives several legends and a photo gallery.
- Official website of the government of Samoa—discusses the country’s leaders and political figures
- American Samoa—Official tourism site. Lots of interesting information on American Samoa (with destination guide). Nice pictures too.
- CIA The World Factbook: French Polynesia- information on people, government, economy, communications, transportation, and military
- NOVA: Secrets of Easter Island—Emphasis is on the “mystery” of the giant stone statues.
- Easter Island Foundation—“Guide to Easter Island” has some current information and a great photo gallery along with a list of web links.
Chapter 24: The Last Frontiers
- Diving Under Antarctic Ice—A fascinating look at diving expeditions in and around Antarctica.—Beautiful pictures.
- The Antarctic Connection—Great source of a wide variety of information especially under “News and Info.”
- United States Antarctic Resource Center—Lots of information and links.
- The South Pole.com—Arctic and Antarctic History on the Net. Fascinating!
The Ocean Deep
- Science and Technology Focus: Oceanography—A simple but clear explanation of ocean topography basics.
- Raising of the Hunley (JOM | Friends of the Hunley | National Geographic News)—Exclusive websites regarding the Hunley and the raising of it. See the recovery animation.
- Careers in Marine Studies—Various career information on oceanography, marine science and marine biology.
- Exploration: Earth’s Atmosphere—Nice overview of the atmosphere.
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.