Unit 7: Preparing for the Future | American Republic
One | One B | Two | Three | Three B | Four | Five | Six | Seven | About Links
Chapter 25: Recovery, Cold War, and Coexistence
- Edward R. Murrow—describes his contributions and career in broadcasting
- Harry Truman
- Taft-Hartley Act
- Jackie Robinson's Final Interview, Oct. 18, 1972—Last interview of the man who broke the racial barrier in baseball
- Letter from a Birmingham Jail (Ap. 16, 1963)
- William H. Hastie—Oral History Interview
The Cold War
- Winston Churchill’s Iron Curtain Speech—Audio recording of Churchill’s speech that popularized the term “iron curtain”
- The Korean War (Truman Museum & Library)—Overview of theKorean War, including background, timeline, personnel, equipment, etc.
- The Cold War Museum—Site organized by the Cold War decades from the 1940s to the 1990s
Chapter 26: The 1960s: The Nation in Crisis
President John F. Kennedy
President Lyndon Baynes Johnson
The Vietnam War
- Battlefield Vietnam—Overview of Vietnam War history, tactics, weapons, photos, etc.
President Richard Nixon
- Addresses, Debates, Speeches, etc.
- Miller Center
- Robert Kennedy
- Hubert Humphrey
- The Watergate Story—Site detailing the history of the Watergate scandal by the newspaper that broke the story; primary documents, audio/video clips of testimony, photos, etc.
- Warren Burger—opinions
- Roe v. Wade
- Spiro T. Agnew
- Nixon’s resignation
Chapter 27: Rise of the Right
- Five Presidents (picture)
- The Ford Administration
- The Carter Administration
- The Reagan Administration
- The George H. W. Bush Administration
Chapter 28: Bridge to the 21st Century
- Bill Clinton
- Addresses, Debates, etc.
- Miller Center
- The Impeachment Trial—PBS Newshour coverage of the Clinton impeachment trial votes and commentary on the outcome
- Clinton Accused—Links to photos from the impeachment and trial, with chronological coverage and analysis
- Bill Clinton—My Life (portion of his autobiography, on pdf)
- William Clinton Presidential Center
- Presidential Library and Museum
- Branch Davidian
- Timothy McVeigh
- Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Republican Revolution of 1994 and Culture wars
- Clinton’s foreign policy
Chapter 29: A New Millennium
- George W. Bush’s presidency
- Addresses, debates, speeches, etc.
- 2000 Presidential General Election Results—Federal Election Commission results by popular and electoral vote, by individual state
- The Election of 2000—A blow-by-blow account of the disputed 2000 presidential election
- National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States—Extensive photographic coverage of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States
- Military Photos and Videos - Afghanistan—Extensive photographic coverage of the war in Afghanistan, especially focusing on the military equipment used
- The United States Army in Operation Iraqi Freedom—Extensive photographic coverage of the war in Iraq
- Hurricane Katrina—Video news series on Hurricane Katrina
- Bible online concordance (for possible research project)
- Barack Obama’s presidency
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.