The 3rd grade social studies textbook introduces students to the eight world regions and explores each region’s governments, geography, climates, economics, cultures, and religions. Students will find engaging visuals and stories that introduce them to different cultures, generate interest in unfamiliar languages, and demonstrate how God uses Christians to spread the gospel around the world.
Regions Covered in the BJU Press 3rd Grade Social Studies Textbook
- North America
- The Caribbean
- Central America
- South America
Features of the Heritage Studies 3 Textbook
- Engaging photos, maps, and charts
- Folktales from different parts of the world
- Foreign language studies
- Essential and quick check questions to introduce and assess students’ learning in lessons
- Engaging activities in each chapter
- People Making a Difference features highlight people using their God-given gifts to help others.
- How They Work features highlight specific industries within a region.
- Early Cultures features describe the lives of early inhabitants in each region.
- What the Bible Says features help students compare biblical teaching with cultural viewpoints.
- Environment features explore the geographic features, climatic phenomena, or natural disasters of a region.
- Let’s Explore! gives students a closer look at unique regional features.
This social studies textbook is a key component for guiding students through the BJU Press 3rd grade heritage studies program. It is designed to be used in conjunction with the teacher’s edition. Additional components that offer support for the teacher are available on Teacher Tools Online.