The 4th grade English teacher’s edition offers grammar lessons for grade 4 that include options and strategies to teach students standard English conventions and writing skills. This teacher’s edition includes ideas for engaging students, strategies for enhancing instruction, and assessment opportunities to gauge instruction.
What do the 4th grade English lesson plans include?
Lessons in the teacher’s edition follow a teaching cycle that offers educators a path for guiding students towards success with fourth-grade English. The teaching cycle follows four steps:
- Engage: Teachers will find instructions for engaging students with visual analyses of full-page illustrations; discussion suggestions about biblical worldview shaping themes help students to understand the value of good communication and why they’re learning grammar and writing; literature and language links increase interest
- Instruct: Suggested teaching strategies guide students through the material; discussion guides encourage group interaction and collaborative learning; options for modeling writing and grammar application for students and directions for using mentor texts
- Apply: Practice pages allow students to use new grammar concepts; writing activities require students to apply grammar skills and the writing process to improve communication; journaling activities encourage further application
- Assess: Educators can use classroom discussions, journaling, practice pages, Reviews, Write it Rights and cumulative reviews as opportunities for formative assessment; chapter tests and writing activities offer opportunities for further formative assessments to show development
Features of the 4th Grade English Teacher’s Edition
The teacher’s edition includes valuable resources for giving students a rich, varied learning experience as they gain appreciation for learning grammar skills and applying them to their writing.
- Suggested discussion questions
- Suggested activities
- Guides for presenting biblical worldview shaping themes
- Instructions for completing guided and independent practice
- Suggestions for writing conferences with the teacher and with peers
- Reduced student worktext pages with answers to practice and review questions
- Collaborative learning suggestions
- Differentiated learning suggestions for ELL, struggling students, advanced students, and general enrichment
- Instructional Aids that include writing rubrics
- Detailed lesson plan overview