The Bible 1 teacher edition is the instructor’s key resource for guiding students through the first 43 Bible truths of the elementary Bible program and helping first-grade students apply those truths to their lives.
What do the first-grade Bible lesson plans include?
Bible lessons follow a teaching cycle that offers educators a path to guide students towards success. The teaching cycle follows four steps: engage, instruct, assess, and apply.
- Engage: Review activities and illustrated Bible stories bring students into the lessons to recall prior learning and practice visual analysis skills.
- Instruct: teaching notes and discussion guides offer multiple strategies for guiding students through the illustrated stories and introducing them to each of the 43 Bible truths.
- Apply: application questions and collaborative activities encourage students to apply Bible truths to their lives.
- Assess: educators may assess student development as students work on memory verses, analyze artwork, participate in collaborative discussions, and answer critical thinking questions, but the final front-and-back pages in each lesson provide additional opportunities for summative assessment.
A lesson plan overview provides a summary of each daily lesson for easy preparation.
Features of the Grade 1 Bible Teacher’s Edition
The teacher’s edition includes valuable resources to the teacher to give students a rich, varied learning experience as they learn Bible.
- Answers to questions from the corresponding Grade 1 Bible student workbook
- Teaching notes
- Teaching guides
- Additional activities and resources