The Perspectives in Literature teacher’s edition is a three-volume set that equips educators with 6th grade literature lesson plans and many other resources to help students both enjoy and succeed in reading.
What do the lesson plans include?
Lessons in the teacher’s edition follow a four-stage teaching cycle:
- Engage: Capture students’ attention by reviewing previous material, activating students’ prior knowledge about the new material, guiding visual analysis of illustrations or photos, and more.
- Instruct: Use a variety of strategies—including Think-Pair-Share, close reading, discussion as a class and in small groups, and graphic organizers—to help students grasp the concepts and develop the skills they need.
- Apply: Help students apply what they’ve learned to real life through biblical worldview discussion questions, collaborative activities, and writing assignments.
- Assess: Use both formative and summative assessments to evaluate students’ understanding.
The teacher’s edition includes valuable resources for giving students a rich, varied learning experience as they learn to enjoy and evaluate literature.
- Guides for presenting biblical worldview shaping themes and addressing objectionable elements
- Guides for maintaining academic rigor and providing a supportive learning environment
- Detailed lesson plan overviews
- Discussion questions that go beyond recall to analysis, application, and evaluation
- Reduced student pages for easy reference
- Differentiated instruction suggestions for struggling readers, English language learners (ELLs), and advanced readers