Science 1 Student Edition
(4th Edition) introduces the student to what science is and what scientists do. It provides age-appropriate scientific information through text, captioned photographs, illustrations, and diagrams as well as special interest boxes. Each reading section ends with a Quick Check question to assess student understanding. The first chapter lays a foundation for the biblical worldview that is emphasized in the course. It also contains an introduction to each Investigation, Exploration, and STEM activity. Through these inquiry-based activities, the student has the opportunity to apply foundational science process skills to develop orderly approaches to problem solving. It includes a glossary and index.
This eTextbook is offered through the VitalSource Bookshelf platform. Delivering digital content to more than 1.6 million users on 6,000 campuses in 180 countries. VitalSource® is the preferred and most used eTextbook platform in higher education today.
Features of VitalSource® eTextbooks:
- Simple process—After the book is purchased, the student signs up for a free Vitalsource Bookshelf account online, enters the special code received from BJU Press, and receives the eTextbook in his virtual bookshelf.
- Anywhere, anytime access—The student gets three-way access to the eTextbook: mobile, online, and download (available on PC/Mac desktops and laptops, iOS devices, and Android devices) for sixteen months.
- Study features—Students can highlight text, define text, write notes, and search eTextbook contents and notes.
- Note sharing—Students can share notes or subscribe to friends or teacher’s notes. Notes are synchronized across all devices.
- Page fidelity—pagination in both hard copy textbooks and eTextbooks is the same, enabling all students to be on the same page no matter which version they use in the classroom.
VitalSource eTextbooks expire 16 months after redemption and are not returnable.