Grade 1 Full Grade Online Course Enrollment
Grade 1 for Distance Learning
Lease a Grade 1 Online Kit and get access to all the following Distance Learning courses:
- Bible Truths 1 introduces Bible truths through familiar Bible characters presented chronologically in a study of the Old and New Testaments.
- Heritage Studies 1 teaches history, culture, economics, citizenship, and geography. It also covers United States history from the Native Americans to the Plymouth Colony.
- Phonics and English 1 directs your student in his continuing development of understanding word meanings, and communicating effectively.
- Spelling 1 uses the recall-study-recall-study-recall learning method to teach word structure to your first grader.
- Math 1 places an emphasis on understanding mathematical concepts through the study of manipulatives while touching on the abstract.
- Science 1 gives the student an understanding of the concepts of gravity, force, plants, states of matter, animals, teeth, sound, and weather.
Mrs. Sarah Lawson, BS
Mrs. Lawson has five years' experience teaching in the classroom and over ten years at BJU Distance Learning. "One of my goals in teaching is to help your child feel successful at his present level and to encourage him to improve. I wanted to be a teacher from the time I was a little girl, and I’m thankful to the Lord for letting me teach your child through this Distance Learning program."
Mrs. Andrea Lindstrom Hall, BS
Mrs. Hall (formerly Miss Lindstrom) has three years’ experience teaching in a first-grade classroom. "Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved school and loved learning. It is exciting to work with young children because they are naturally curious and are interested in many things. I want to encourage a child’s natural curiosity, and I want to develop in him a desire to learn for life. I want him to learn not just to acquire knowledge but to use his knowledge to serve and honor the Lord."
Miss Tara Liston, BA, MAT
Miss Liston has experience working with children from primary to high school. “Teaching is a joy. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to impact children’s lives with the hope of encouraging a growing relationship with the Lord. I love teaching, and I hope my enthusiasm will give your child a love for learning.”
Mrs. Evanna Walker, BS
Mrs. Walker has 38 years of teaching experience in traditional classrooms and via distance learning. “My first love is to teach a child to read-primarily so that he can read God’s Word for himself and share it with others. He should be able to appreciate what he reads, draw conclusions, and make value judgments to become a thinker.”
- Copyright Year - 2018
- Publisher - BJU Press