Grade 8 Full Grade Online Course Enrollment
Grade 8 for Distance Learning
Lease a Grade 8 Online Kit and get access to all the following Distance Learning courses:
- Bible Truths B begins with Creation and explores the times and people before the Flood. The study continues with the life of Moses and the events leading to the claiming of the Promised Land. The ancient Jewish kingdoms are presented, culminating with their downfall and eventual captivity.
- American Republic students study the chronological development of the nation from a spiritual perspective.
- Writing & Grammar 8 reviews the parts of speech and sentence patterns while giving special attention to the usage of correct grammatical elements.
- Excursions in Literature presents a biblical perspective on six major themes—friends, choices, heroes, discoveries, adventurers, and viewpoints.
- Pre-Algebra furthers math understanding by delving into number theory and integers, opening the world of negative numbers and algebraic expressions.
- Earth Science presents contrasting worldviews to affirm the young-earth creationist view of the earth and our universe. Your student will embark on a journey of discovery as he studies geology, rocks and minerals, fossils, oceanography, rivers and lakes, the atmosphere, weather, astronomy, and more.
Mrs. Sherri Vick, BS
Sherri Vick previously taught various elementary and junior high grades. "I like to look at the picture as a whole—to relate one subject to another so that the child can see how God’s plan fits together. I want the child to want to learn, so the lessons have to be fun. Hands-on is the best way, so I don’t want the student to just watch, but participate too! One of my goals is that, after watching the lessons, your child will continue in the things he has learned and develop lifelong learning skills that he can use both now and in the future."
Mrs. Sarah Gillenwater
Mrs. Gillenwater holds a BS in Elementary Education and has seven years of teaching experience in the Christian school classroom. Her lessons overflow with personality, making her passion for her subject infectious. It is her goal for her students to see how science teaches about the character of God.
Mrs. Cynthia Bullock, BS
After graduating from Bob Jones University in 1987, Cynthia Bullock went on to teach history in Virginia, Michigan, Florida, and North Carolina. It was in Michigan that she met her husband, who was the math teacher in the Christian school where they served together for 17 years. They have four children, three girls and a boy. She took ten years off to stay home with them since three of the four are profoundly deaf. When they mainstreamed into a normal classroom, she returned to the classroom. The Lord led her here to BJU Press Distance Learning in 2011. “I'm so excited about having your child as my student. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you by coming along side and lightening your load.”
Mr. Jamie Swingle, BA, MED
Mr. Swingle has 7 years of teaching experience and a genuine love for history. "My desire for my students is to give them a realization that the study of history is essential to gaining a better understanding of God; God often reveals Himself through His dealings with man, which is exactly what history is. It is impossible to study history without seeing the providence of God."
Miss Rebekah Pringle, BA, MA
Miss Pringle's interest in literature began at an early age through her mother's almost daily reading aloud of good literature as a part of her family's school day. The past 10 years of focused study and teaching in the disciplines of Creative Writing and English have increased Miss Pringle's delight and enthusiasm in analyzing and evaluating all genres of literature. “Everyone loves a story. A well-crafted story, poem, essay, or drama delights me on several levels, but it's the benefit of gaining an increased understanding and appreciation of God's inspired literature, His Word, that motivates me to apply and grow in my own literary analysis skills and to do my best to instill in my students a similar desire for and delight in literature. It's my prayer that as we enjoy great literary works together we will be inspired to love and pursue God's truth presented in His greatest Book of literature.”
Mr. Bill Harmon, BS
Bill Harmon has loved science for as long as he can remember. After completing his B.S. in Chemistry, he returned to Florida where he gained experience teaching a variety of subjects: science, math, Latin, and computer courses. Now he works as a chemist in the Safety Services Office at BJU, teaches Distance Learning Physics and Algebra, and teaches Chemistry at Bob Jones Academy. He completed an M.Ed. in Secondary Education in 2014. He and his wife Mary Ann have two children, Brian and Janette. His favorite Bible verse is II Timothy 3:14.
- Copyright Year - 2019
- Publisher - BJU Press