Grade 5 Full Grade Online Course Enrollment
Grade 5 for Distance Learning
Ordering an online video grade kit gives you access to all of the core subjects for the year. You can customize your kit under Step 3 to add electives or adjust the grade level of individual courses.
- Bible Truths 5 presents a chronological thematic study of many Old and New Testament events.
- Heritage Studies 5 is a two-semester course that continues the narrative of American history from the development of the automobile in the late 1800s through the inauguration of President Obama in 2009.
- English 5 continues the grammatical study of sentences, nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and reference skills.
- Spelling 5 reinforces spelling concepts through weekly journal writings.
- Reading 5 strengthens a student’s reading, higher-level thinking skills, and critical reasoning skills.
- Math 5 emphasizes the understanding of subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions through the use of manipulatives.
- Science 5 shows how humans use God’s creation and design.
- Handwriting 5 contains a variety of activities centered on the theme "Writing Around the World."
Mrs. Kristin Dunn, BS, MEd
Mrs. Dunn loves children and enjoys teaching them to explore new concepts. "My goal is to encourage spiritual growth as students prepare for the future. Learning is a lifelong process, and I hope to communicate the importance of learning to your student."
Mrs. Melissa Seeling, BS, MEd
Melissa graduated with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education in 2008 and a master's degree in Elementary Education in 2010. Shortly after finishing graduate school, she married Hans Seeling. About a year later, she began teaching here at Press Distance Learning. “I am thankful for the opportunities that the Lord has given me, and my desire is that He will use me to impact the lives of my students. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to teach your child and to have a small part in your child's education. ”
Mrs. Evanna Walker, BS
Mrs. Walker has 38 years of teaching experience in traditional classrooms and via distance learning. “My first love is to teach a child to read-primarily so that he can read God’s Word for himself and share it with others. He should be able to appreciate what he reads, draw conclusions, and make value judgments to become a thinker.”
- Copyright Year - 2014
- Publisher - BJU Press