Beginning with an introduction to why we do science, the Physical Science Student Text
, 5th ed., gradually builds the student’s understanding of physics concepts in a logical sequence. Beginning with classical mechanics, the text progresses through work and energy, wave phenomena, electricity and magnetism, and light and optics. These transition naturally into the chemistry topics, beginning with the atomic model, then to elements and compounds, chemical reactions, and finishing with solutions, and acids, basis, and salts. Every chapter shows by example why the subject matter is relevant to a Christian worldview of science.
* Note, for a complete educational experience, additional laboratory purchases may be required. For your convenience, we provide complete lab kits through Logos Science.
This eTextbook is offered through the VitalSource Bookshelf platform. Delivering digital content to more than 1.6 million users on 6,000 campuses in 180 countries. VitalSource® is the preferred and most used eTextbook platform in higher education today.
Features of VitalSource® eTextbooks:
- Simple process—After the book is purchased, the student signs up for a free Vitalsource Bookshelf account online, enters the special code received from BJU Press, and receives the eTextbook in his virtual bookshelf.
- Anywhere, anytime access—The student gets three-way access to the eTextbook: mobile, online, and download (available on PC/Mac desktops and laptops, iOS devices, and Android devices) for sixteen months.
- Study features—Students can highlight text, define text, write notes, and search eTextbook contents and notes.
- Note sharing—Students can share notes or subscribe to friends or teacher’s notes. Notes are synchronized across all devices.
- Page fidelity—pagination in both hard copy textbooks and eTextbooks is the same, enabling all students to be on the same page no matter which version they use in the classroom.
VitalSource eTextbooks expire 16 months after redemption and are not returnable.