Enhance your elementary child’s education and prepare him or her for future careers and ministries by teaching Spanish. BJU Press’s elementary Spanish educational materials, Pasaporte al Español, contains 6 progressive teaching steps. Each step contains approximately 64 lessons. Kit A contains Steps 1–3 of the program. The kit contains everything you need to successfully teach Spanish to elementary students.
- Pasaporte al español Teacher’s Edition provides easy instructions for teaching three levels of Spanish. Sixty-four lessons per step combine listening, speaking, reading, and writing and offer ideas for demonstrating actions and modeling language functions with a Spanish family, the Garcías. Colored text gives English translations.
- Teaching Charts guide discussions about countries, songs, Bible verses, and vocabulary.
- Audio CDs record native speakers modeling vocabulary and conversations. Spanish songs keep students practicing grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation long after they’ve completed the program.
- Read-aloud Books present words and structures with beautiful illustrations that provide a rich context and inspiration for discussion. Sample questions in each book check comprehension.
- Worktext Steps 1 through 3 are also included and encourage the students to demonstrate their progress through a variety of age-appropriate activities.
- Choco, a hedgehog hand puppet, invites increased student participation as he learns with the students.
- 8 DVDs from our award-winning Distance Learning program contain all the lessons for Step 1. These 15-minute lessons cover vocabulary, listening-comprehension skills, culture, worktext activities, and songs.