View Sample Video
Enhance your elementary child’s education and prepare him or her for future careers and ministries by teaching Spanish. BJU Press’s elementary Spanish educational materials, Pasaporte al Español, contains 6 progressive teaching steps. Each step contains approximately 64 lessons.
Pasaporte al Español Kit A is designed to introduce children to the Spanish language, and contains Steps 1–3. The kit contains everything you need to successfully teach Spanish to elementary students. The kit contents are described below.
- Pasaporte al español Teacher’s Edition provides easy instructions for teaching three levels of Spanish. Sixty-four lessons per step combine listening, speaking, reading, and writing and offer ideas for demonstrating actions and modeling language functions with a Spanish family, the Garcías. Colored text gives English translations.
- Teaching Charts guide discussions about countries, songs, Bible verses, and vocabulary.
- Audio CDs record native speakers modeling vocabulary and conversations. Spanish songs keep students practicing grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation long after they’ve completed the program.
- Read-aloud Books present words and structures with beautiful illustrations that provide a rich context and inspiration for discussion. Sample questions in each book check comprehension.
- Worktext Steps 1 through 3 are also included and encourage the students to demonstrate their progress through a variety of age-appropriate activities.
- Choco, a hedgehog hand puppet, invites increased student participation as he learns with the students.
- 8 DVDs from our award-winning Distance Learning program contain all the lessons for Step 1. These 15-minute lessons cover vocabulary, listening-comprehension skills, culture, worktext activities, and songs.