Unit 6: Modern Physics | Physics Web Links
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | About Links
Chapter 27: Relativity
- Relativity Train—This fun site provides a lesson plan for demonstrating length contraction and time dilation according to Einstein's special theory of relativity using a toy train, clocks and other props.
Chapter 28: Quantum Physics
- Photoelectric Effect—This is an animated interactive illustration of the photoelectric effect.
- Hydrogen Spectra—This links to an interactive animation of selected Hydrogen spectra. The site includes explanations and links to additional resources.
Chapter 29: Nuclear Physics
- Radioisotopic Data—This is a compendium of hyperlinked facts pertaining to particles, as well as all areas of science
- Dendrochronology—A discussion from the biblical creationist perspective of the problems using counted tree rings to establish accurate chronological dates from which scientists attempt to obtain calibrated C-14 dates.
- Fusion and Fission—This site provides good discussion of fusion and fission processes, including animations.
- Nuclear Power—This site presents several excellent animated illustrations showing how nuclear reactors and power plants operate.
- ITER—This is the homepage of the ITER fusion energy demonstration project. Many links can be found on this page pertaining to the project.
- MRI—This site provides an excellent video in layman's terms explaining the process and theory behind an MRI
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.