Life Science, 3rd. ed. Web Links
- Created Kinds and Baraminology—Questions with detailed answers about baraminology
- American Cancer Society—Information on types of cancer, treatment, and research
- Albinism—Describes the eight different types of albinism and the genetic causes of each
- Tay-Sachs Disease—More information about Tay-Sachs disease including questions and answers
- Jacob's Sheep—Official website of the Jacob Sheep Breeder’s Association
- Human Genome Project Information—Portal to a large number of articles on the ongoing impact of the Human Genome Project, coordinated by the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Institutes of Health
- Answers in Genesis—Extensive materials, both online and for sale, to promote a literal interpretation of the book of Genesis and present a strong apologetic for the gospel.
- Institute for Creation Research—A Young Earth Creation science ministry which provides sub-ministries in education, publications, radio, museum, and more
- Creation Research Society—A professional organization of scientists offering scientific journals, special conferences, and some free online resources
- Centers for Disease Control—Rabies—Various information about rabies with pictures
- Mt St Helens Recovery—Surprising discoveries 20 years after the devastating eruption of Mt. St. Helens
- Invasive Species—USDA resources on invasive species of microbes, aquatic species, plants, and animals
- Endangered and Threatened Species USFWS—News and stories about endangered and threatened species of the United States. You can even see a list of endangered species for your own state.
- US Census Bureau—Population Statistics—A wealth of demographic data on not just the population but also the habits, business, and lifestyle of U.S. citizens
- USDA Forest Service—An agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture managing public lands in national forests and grasslands. Find out what National Forests or Grasslands are near you.
- Scorecard Pollution Statistics—Enter your zip code for find out what pollution threats are in your area and how your community ranks against others.
- Endangered Species—World Wildlife Fund—WWF’s stories regarding its projects in protecting endangered species.
- Medtropolis—An interactive presentation of the human brain, heart, skeleton, and digestive system.
- Health Consequences of Tobacco Use—Interesting information about health consequences of smoking.
- Tobacco Use and Pregnancy (Home | Pregnant? Don't Smoke!)—Great information on smoking and pregnancy
- Effects of Secondhand Smoke—Information on the what, why, who, and where of secondhand smoke’s cancerous health effects
- Facts on Drug Abuse and Addiction—Up-to-date facts based on science including effects, prevention and treatment, survey data, and more
- Anatomy of the eye—Interactive dissection of the human eye showing details of each part
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.