Unit Five | Science 5 Web Links
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | About Links
Chapter 9: Sound
- Dangerous Decibels—A variety of interactive games with sound and sometimes music
- Music through the Curriculum: Math, Science, and Sound Activities—Information about sound waves and frequencies
- Sound of Place from National Geographic EdNet—An activity for describing locations by their sounds
Chapter 10: Light
- Colorful Light Activities—Different activities about light and color
- Prisms: Molecular Expressions—Interactive version of Newton’s prism experiment plus other information
- X-Rays and Art—Article about using x-rays to detect forgeries
- Moon mirrors: NASA—Mirrors on the moon
- Electromagnetic Activities: NASA—Interactive exploration of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Optical Guide: NASA—Teacher information about light, includes activities and lesson plans (PDF format)
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.