Unit Five: Structure | Fundamentals of Literature
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | About Links
- M.C. Escher—Biographical information on the artist
- El Greco painting—El Greco's painting of Christ Healing the Blind Man
- El Greco—Biographical information about the artist and other paintings
- Guy de Maupassant—Biographical information on Maupassant
"The Possibility of Evil"
- Shirley Jackson I—Biographical information about Shirley Jackson
- Shirley Jackson II—Further biographical information about Shirley Jackson
- Shirley Jackson Award—Information on the Shirley Jackson Award for suspense writing
"In the Ring with Jack Dempsey"
- Heavyweight Boxing Organization—Information on heavyweight boxing organization
- Jack Dempsey—Biographical and other information about Jack Dempsey
- Paul Gallico—Biography and other information about Paul Gallico
"The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet"
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle—Biography and other information about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Beryl—Information on beryl
- Sherlock Holmes—Information about Sherlock Holmes
"Allen-A-Dale" and "Futility"
- Yankee Doodle—Background for "Yankee Doodle"
- "My Old Kentucky Home"—Brief background and lyrics
- Teaching Guide for Foster Songs—Brief analysis of four songs by Foster, including "My Old Kentucky Home"
- The Star-Spangled Banner—Information about the song and the flag that inspired it
- The Wilfred Owen Association—Biography, chronology, a virtual tour, select poetry, and more
- The Wilfred Owen Collection—Biography, original manuscripts, and other documents offered by The First World War Digital Poetry Archive
"The Charge of the Light Brigade" and "The Destruction of Sennacherib"
- The Light Brigade—Historical background for the Battle of Balaclava and the charge of the Light Brigade
"The Eagle," from Julius Caesar, and "Splinter"
- Alfred Lord Tennyson—Biographical information on Tennyson
- Sandburg Home—Interactive site and information about Carl Sandburg home
- Carl Sandburg—Biographical information about Sandburg
"Bonnie George Campbell," "Holy Sonnet 10," "Sonnet 29," "A Haiku," and "November Night"
- Gaelic Folk Lore—Information about the literature of Scotland and an original folktale in Gaelic
- Romanticism—Information on British romanticism
- Sonnets—Collection of Shakespeare's 154 sonnets
- Japanese Literature—History of Japanese literature
- Cinquain—History of the American cinquain
"400-Meter Freestyle" and "The Altar"
- Shape Poetry—Examples of shaped poems and an opportunity to submit original shaped poems to the website
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.