Unit Two: Character | Fundamentals of Literature
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | About Links
- Grant Wood Art Gallery—Biography and information about several of his paintings, including American Gothic
- Grant Wood Collection at Archives of American Art—A digital collection of various papers assembled by Grant Wood's sister and located at the Figge Art Museum
- When Tillage Begins—History of the Stone City Art Colony and School
- John Steuart Curry—Information about Curry and his painting Sanctuary
- Victorian Gothic Architecture—Pictorial and historical examples of Carpenter Gothic architecture
from Treasure Island
- Robert Louis Stevenson—Information on the life and works of Robert Louis Stevenson
- Scottish Culture—Information about Scotland and its history, traditions, and roots
- Alcoholism—Information on alcohol addiction
- Delirium Tremens—Information on delirium tremens, its symptoms, and possible treatments
- Greek gods—Introduction to Greek gods and heroes
- Ancient Rome—Source for information on numerous topics of ancient Rome (Culture link will provide information on Roman mythology.)
- Ricardo Sánchez—Informative website with biography and other interesting links
"The Revolt of Mother"
- American Academy of Arts and Letters—Information about the American Academy of Arts and Letters that awarded Freeman the William Dean Howells Medal (National Institute of Arts and Letters  was parent organization for American Academy of Arts and Letters . The two merged in 1974.)
- W.D. Howells—Biography of the man for whom the medal was named
- Ellis Island—The Ellis Island webpage contains additional information for tracing family history.
- Willa Cather—Information about her life and writings (Note that she was presented the Prix Femina Américain Award for her presentation of French culture in America.)
from Don Quixote
- Spanish Armada—Information on the Armada's defeat from the perspective of England and Elizabeth I
- Defeat of Spanish Armada—Additional information on the defeat of the Spanish Armada
- The Golden Age of Spanish Exploration—More information regarding the time period in which Cervantes wrote.
- Spanish Explorers—Further information about Spanish explorers to the Americas
"My Last Duchess"
- Ferrara—Information on the region considered to be the duchy that was ruled by the duke of the poem
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.