Unit 7: The Middle East | Cultural Geography, 4th ed.
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | About Links
Chapter 17: The Persian Gulf
- AL-BAB— Current headlines and insight into the Arab world
- Persecution of Christians around the World—Information on the current and continuing persecution of Christians worldwide
- The Saudi Arabia Information Resource— Provides information on Islam, judicial system, culture, history, agriculture, current headlines, etc.
- Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington D.C.— Official government website covers current headlines, public affairs, and embassy information
- CIA The World Factbook: Yemen—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, etc.
- Yemen Tourism—Official tourism site with maps, photos, and general information overview
- CIA The World Factbook: Oman—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, and military
- Oman Info: Oman Information Center—Comprehensive coverage of Oman’s culture, government, economy and most recent headlines
United Arab Emirates
- CIA The World Factbook: United Arab Emirates—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, and military
- UAE Interact— Supported by the National Media Council, this site comprehensively covers UAE culture, business, education, etc.
- CIA The World Factbook: Qatar—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, etc.
- Bahrain Tourism—Destination guide, photo gallery and overview of Bahrain culture
- Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in Washington D.C.—Overview of cultural, governmental, and economic information with a photo gallery and current headlines
- Kuwaitiah.net—Links to information on various aspects of Kuwaiti culture
- Visit Kuwait—General information overview of Kuwaiti’s governmental, educational, and commercial enterprises
- World InfoZone—Brief but informative country profile and photo gallery
- AtlasTours : Iraq—Historical background of each of Iraq’s main ancient cities
- CIA The World Factbook: Iran—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, etc.
- Irpedia—Official tourism site with detailed information on notable places, cultural background, and tourism guidelines
Chapter 18: The Eastern Mediterranean
- Arab-Israeli Conflict— National Covenant (Charter) of the Palestinian Liberation Organization
- TurkishEmbassy.org— Substantial overview of Turkey’s founding father, the various government branches, and notable locations with a large photo gallery (English option available in upper right-hand corner)
- CIA The World Factbook: Turkey—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, etc.
- CIA The World Factbook: Cyprus—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, and military
The Mandate of Syria
- CIA The World Factbook: Syria—Information on the country's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, etc.
- Lebanese Culture—Useful facts about Lebanese culture.
The Mandate of Palestine
- Israel— Official tourism site with in-depth historical facts, tourist information, Jewish and Christian themed interests, and an extensive photo gallery
- Israel: Ministry of Foreign Affairs— Official government site with extensive Israeli background information, current politics, headlines, and international affairs coverage
- Experience Jordan—Official tourism site features an extensive photo gallery and historical, cultural, and religious information on Jordan’s most well-known locations
- Embassy of Jordan, Washington D.C.— Official government site with information on present officials, Iranian culture and history, and current headline
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.