Unit 4: Latin America | Cultural Geography, 4th ed.
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | About Links
Chapter 9: Middle America
- CentralAmerica.com—Info and photo galleries for Costa Rica, Belize, Nicaragua, Panama, and Guatemala.
- Mexico—Official tourism site. Great destination guide.
- MexOnline—Travel destination site. Describes some of the culture, and has short articles on historical events and people.
- National Geographic: Discovering Mexico—Four National Geographic Photographers and some writers journal their trip across four major regions of Mexico.
- Visit Guatemala—Covers a lot of information and pictures of Guatemala. Great destination guide.
- Travel Belize—Official tourism site. Good destination guide. Useful information, links, and more from the Belize Tourism Board
- Government of Belize—Lots of info under “About Belize” plus a link to tourism site.
- El Salvador Impressive—Official tourism site. Many things to discover.
- Let's Go Honduras—Great pictures and information. See "What to Do? / Where to Stay?"
- Nicaragua.com—Travel and destination guide covering various aspects on the country
- Consulate General of Nicaragua—Lots of great info.
- Costa Rica—Official tourism site. Great info and destination guide.
- The Panama Canal—Official Site of the canal company. Has an interesting gallery of past and present photos and a fascinating history of the canal’s construction.
- Visit Panama—Official tourism site. Good info. Destination guide a bit short.
The West Indies
- Caribbean Travel — Official site of the Caribbean. Database of all the Caribbean Islands and a few other countries. Under each is a brief overview of the country including essential or interesting facts and a link to the country’s tourist site.
- Caribbean Islands—Database of all the Caribbean Islands and a few other countries. Under each is a brief overview of the country including essential or interesting facts and a link to the country’s tourist site.
Chapter 10: South America
The Caribbean Countries
- Official Travel Guide to Colombia— Includes list of places to visit, including the Amazon Jungle
- CIA The World Factbook: Colombia — Information on Colombia's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, and more
- Embassy of Colombia in Washington — Some good info and links to tourist sites.
- Venezuelatuya.com — Official tourism site. Great information (including flora and fauna) and a nice destination guide.
- Think Venezuela (Online Tourism Directory) — Very thorough site which covers almost every area of physical and human geography in Venezuela. Good photo gallery too.
The Guiana Highlands
- Guyana—Official tourism site including facts, history, galleries, and much more.
- Suriname Tourism - Contains much great information. A nice destination guide.
The Andean Countries
- Embassy of Ecuador in Washington D.C. — Lots of great info.
- Ecuador.us —U.S. based Ecuadorian online directory operated by an Ecuadorian.
- CIA The World Factbook: Peru—Information on Peru's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, and more
- Peru Tourism Bureau—Traveling ideas in Peru, including the one-hundredth anniversary
- Lima, Peru—Tourist information to one of South America's cities, plentiful with Spanish colonial architecture and buildings
- Bolivia Web—Travel guide with descriptions and histories of regions/cities plus much information on Bolivian society and some on the government.
- Geographia: Chile—Brief overviews of the history, culture, and major attractions of the country.
- Visit Chile—Official tourism site. Very good destination guide that includes natural wonders and the flora and fauna.
The Rio De La Plata
- El Sur del Sur—Official tourism site. A great deal of information on the history and culture of Argentina and the land itself (including flora/fauna, geography, etc.).
- Patagonia-Argentina –Patagonia is a region covering the southernmost part of South America. Nice tourism site.
- Argen Tour— Great website about Argentina. Contains city info, history, culture, weather, and much more.
- Embassy of Uruguay in Washington D.C.—Some good basic info and a nice cultural overview with good links.
- Visit Uruguay—Mainly short descriptions of regions and cities. Some photos.
- CIA The World Factbook: Paraguay—Addresses Paraguay's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, and more
- Brazil Tour—Official tourism site. Some good information. Find Destination guide using search box in upper right.
- CIA The World Factbook: Brazil—Information on Brazil's people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, and more
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.