Focus and Features of Footsteps
- Suggestions for Learning Centers and ideas for music, art, and cooking are integrated into the lessons.
- Making Sounds Make Sense aids the teacher as she introduces letter sounds to the children.
- Step Write Up engages the children in group writing experiences.
- Eager Beavers presents teaching for the child who is ready to read.
- Music with Honey develops rhythm, coordination, and music awareness skills.
- Interactive 4-season Teaching Tree with weather, math, and letter supplement teaching pieces.
- Phonics Charts include a teaching tree and supplement teaching pieces.
- The Teaching Visuals enhance the lessons as the teacher guides discussions and introduces new concepts.
- The Activity Packet correlates activities with the skills taught in the lessons and includes 3 sticker sheets and a supplement section integrating reinforcement activities to develop eye-hand coordination and large and small motor skills.
- The Writing Packet provides practice to further develop handwriting skills, including alphabet, numbers, reading left-to-right, alphabetizing, and number order.
- Student Practice Cards encourage individual practice with letter-sound recognition.
- Max, the hand puppet, encourages student participation as he learns along with the children.
- Listening CDs include 155 tracks with arrangements of familiar and original songs