Unit Four | Family Life Skills
Unit One | Unit Two | Unit Three | Unit Four | Unit Five | About Links
Chapter 12: Parenthood
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome—Learn more about FAS children
- Strategies for Living with FAS—Provides information regarding the needs of and strategies for helping children with FAS
Chapter 13: Infants
- American Academy of Pediatrics—"Dedicated to the health of all children"; many helpful articles and resources
- Health & Nutrition— Provides good articles on nutrition and diet. Most of them are PDF files and include illustrations.
Chapter 14: Toddlers
- Child Passenger Safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration—Provides seat standards for infants, toddlers, and children
- Family from the FCIC—View or order articles regarding various health and family issues
- Find Your Local Poison Center—Find out about Local Poison Centers by state.
- Understanding Children Language Development—Iowa State University Extension provides a printable version of ways to help a child develop language.
- When Bed-Wetting Becomes a Problem—National Kidney Foundation describes normal and abnormal bed-wetting
Chapter 15: Preschool
- Benefits of media—Learn how to combine children’s television with other activities and resources to enhance learning
- Babysitter’s Guide—Practical tips for babysitters
- KinderArt—KinderArt describes itself as “the largest collection of free art lessons and art education information on the Internet; Over 800 free art and craft lessons, activities and plans for K-12; Art for kids and Crafts for kids.”
- Recycled Art—Many art ideas using household items
- Edible Art—Kid-friendly snack ideas with many seasonal recipes
- Non-edible Art—Kid-friendly ideas for paints, doughs, clays, and "glurch"
- Aesop's Fables— An A-Z collection of Aesop's fables
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.