Unit Two | Family Life Skills
Unit One | Unit Two | Unit Three | Unit Four | Unit Five | About Links
Chapter 3: Spiritual Growth
- A Biblical View of Self— An article from The Christian Courier addressing biblical views of self
Chapter 4: Physical Growth
- Food at the FCIC—Many articles and information available from the Federal Citizen Information Center
- National Sleep Foundation—Contains various articles on sleep-its effects on different age groups, its effect on stress in daily life, etc.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics—Provides sound nutrition information as well as research articles
- Nutrient Data Laboratory—The USDA database enables you to view the full nutrient content of 20,000 foods.
- The Longevity Game—"How long can you expect to live? The Longevity Game will give you a peek into your future by identifying the factors that will lead to a healthier, more productive life."
- ChooseMyPlate.gov—The New Food Pyramid—"The official revised food pyramid from the USDA. Includes modified food intake and exercise levels"
Chapter 5: Physical Enhancement
- Removing Stains at Home at Cornell.edu—Thorough instructions provided for the removal of all types of stains
- Marquardt Beauty Analysis—Gives information on the theory of the Marquardt mask
- Perfume Recipe at RecipeSource.com—A perfume recipe for personal use and gift-giving
- The History of Perfumes—The use of perfume, both past and present
Clothing and textiles
- Do it Yourself Network—A marvelous site offering advice and instructions for many household projects
- Get Creative Conference Center—Free patterns for you to use
- Gingher Scissors and Shears—Buy Gingher scissors for a great educational price
- Nancy's Notions—Interesting articles, ideas, and online store
- Palmer/Pletsch—Sewing books, videos, workshops, teacher training programs and more
- Sewing.com—Sewing Community's website
- Sew News at About.com—The site for the publication Sew News
- Sewing Prose—A sewing curriculum for children aged seven years and older
- Sew True—Sellers of sewing equipment
- Sew What's New—Articles on sewing techniques; book reviews; quilting lessons; sewing lessons; projects with patterns
- Simply Furnishings—Tips on sewing home furnishings. You have to order the kit in order to do the actual project. A free beginner's kit can be ordered. The site gives interior design information.
Pattern Catalogue Web Sites
- KWIK•SEW—Sections containing patterns, various sewing books, and even instructions on learning to sew
- The McCall Pattern Company—Buy patterns online and save 50%
- Simplicity—Order patterns and find sewing information from a leading pattern company
Chapter 6: Intellectual Growth
- Drowsy Driving and Automobile Crashes—National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides figures and statistics related to sleepiness and automobile accidents.
- Drowsy Driving Crashes—AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety findings about drivers who caused accidents
Chapter 8: Social Protocol
- Emily Post—Specifics on netiquette, engagement, and marriage, as well as many other areas
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.