Who Is This Jesus?
'Who Is This Jesus?' Resources
Use this comparative religion study to teach students to defend Christian beliefs against errors of other religions and heretical sects. The course covers the history and basic doctrines of Judaism, Islam, Mormonism, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and Christianity.
- Approaching Cults and World Religions—A Presuppositional Apologetic Perspective by Jeff Downs
- By What Authority —This tract uses ultimate questions to gently but directly confront unbelievers with the inevitability of facing questions about our existence.
- ComparativeReligion.com—A comparative analysis of the major world religions from a Christian perspective.
- Covenant Media Foundation—Presuppositional Reasoning with False Faiths by Greg Bahnsen
- EMNR.org—This site includes a good list of annotated links, additional resources, online research papers on a variety of topics, and posted manuals and doctrinal statements that show careful consideration of doctrine, ethics, and practice in cult evangelism and apologetics (whether or not you agree with every conclusion).
- Godly Disputation—This is a letter by John Newton where he councils a friend how to dispute theological issues in a Christ like way. Every Christian, whatever theological convictions he holds, can learn from Newton about a Christ like way to hold them.
- The Internet Sacred Text Archive—Free "electronic texts about religion, mythology, legends and folklore"
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy—An online encyclopedia with articles on philosophers and philosophies, many pertinent to epistemology, modernism, and postmodernism.
Specific Sites on Competing Religions
Judaism: Jewish Web sites
- Hillel—A pluralistic Jewish student group.
- Jews for Judaism—Counter-missionary efforts against Christian missions.
- Jewish Virtual Library—Excellent source of information from American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise (AICE).
- The Messiah Truth Project—Another Jewish counter-missionary site dedicated to apologetics against Christian assertions.
- Union for Reform Judaism—A liberal-leaning group of Reformed Judaism.
Judaism: Christian Web sites
- Jews for Jesus—A lightning rod of Jewish criticism; check out their apologetics material.
- Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry—A missions agency to Jews.
Islam: Islamic Web sites
- Al-islam.org—"Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project"
- Translations of Quran—Multiple translations of the Koran
- Islam-online.net—Current news and articles from Islamic perspective
Islam: Christian Web sites
- Faith Defenders—The web site of Dr. Bob Morey, a researcher of Islam
Mormonism: Mormon Web sites
- lds.org - Official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church, or 'Mormons')
- Brigham Young University - Official website of the university owned and operated by the LDS Church
- Mormon.org - Provides an introduction to Mormons, how they live their lives, and what they believe.
- Jeff Lindsay.com - Though an unofficial site, Lindsay's page has a plethora of pro-LDS apologetic material, spiced with a good deal of wit.
- Mormon Apologetics and Research - A Foundation created to counter the misrepresentation and criticism of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
- Community of Christ - Community of Christ is the new name for the Reorganized Latter-day Saints, the largest of many groups that have splintered off the LDS. Today, there are marked theological distinctions between the two groups despite significant similarities.
Mormonism: Christian Web sites
- Mormonism Research Ministry – A resource analyzing the teaching and claims of Mormonism compared and contrasted with the Bible and orthodox Christianity.
- LDS-mormon.com - A miscellany of articles regarding Mormon teaching.
- Utah Lighthouse Ministry - A ministry to Mormons by former Mormons, Jerald and Sandra Tanner
Jehovah's Witnesses/Russellites: JW Web sites
- Herald Magazine—A Bible students' magazine for Russellites
- AGS Consulting—Another site by non-Jehovah's Witness Russellites, with the full texts of C. T. Russell's works
- The Watch Tower Society—Official Website of Jehovah's Witnesses
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.