Martyrdom: The Final Triumph of Faith
Be inspired to live a passionate, God-centered life as you study what it means to suffer for Christ. More than just a history of Christian martyrs, this book will equip you to see God's purpose in suffering so that your faith might triumph in the day of adversity.
- Foxe's Book of Martyrs at ccel.org—The complete online edition of Foxe's Book of Martyrs
- Christian History Institute—A massive collection of information on most Christian historical topics and personalities including:
- John and Betty Stam—Encouraging experiences of two young American missionaries to China who faced martyrdom and were killed
- Polycarp—He was a direct pupil of the apostle John. He lived during the connection between the age of the apostle and the age of the early church fathers.
- John Bunyan—He was an English preacher and writer who were imprisoned for preaching the Gospel without permission. He wrote The Pilgrim’s Progress.
- Ignatius of Antioch—He was the second bishop of Antioch in Syria. He was put in the Arena with two lions.
- Prisoner Alert—A ministry of the voice of the martyrs.
- Persecution—The voice of the martyrs; servants of the persecuted church.
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of Internet websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our curriculum were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.