For the Love of Truth: Christianity and Postmodernism
These downloadable notes and sound files are six lessons on Christianity and postmodernism given at Grace Baptist Church in East Flat Rock, North Carolina, in February and March of 2004. Before being put onto the BJU Press website, the files were edited and revised somewhat.
The Lectures (MP3 files)
Week 1: Worldviews and Philosophy (6.8 MB)
- What is a worldview, and how does it relate to my philosophy and theology?
- Why is thinking about worldviews important?
- How does the Christian form a worldview?
Week 2: A History of Worldviews (6.7 MB)
- How did our society arrive at its present worldview?
- How do the different facets of a society evolve together around its worldview?
Week 3: The Nature of Postmodernism (14.6 MB)
- What does the term postmodernism mean?
- How does postmodernism relate to the worldviews that went before it?
- What are the key tenets of postmodernism?
- Should we welcome or repulse postmodernism?
- How are worldviews expressed in culture?
- How does postmodernism express itself in culture?
- How do we form a logical Christian worldview that speaks to postmodernism?
Week 6: Engaging Postmodernism (6.35 MB)
- What is apologetics?
- Why should a Christian use presuppositional apologetics?
- How do Christians begin to engage postmodernism?
In order to listen to these files you will need to have MP3 software on your computer. This could include programs such as Windows Media Player, Music Match's Jukebox, Winamp, or one of many other MP3 software programs.
If you desire just to play the files while connected to the internet, just click on the link to begin playing the files.
To download the files using Internet Explorer, right-click on the link with your mouse and choose "Save Target As" and wait for the "Save As" dialog box to appear. Choose a location for the file and click on "Save." The files will now be saved to the location you have chosen and will be available for use as needed.