, 3rd ed. will shape your student’s worldview by emphasizing how mathematics helps Christians serve others and glorify God. Each chapter opener presents an interesting real-world application and a clearly stated Biblical Worldview Connection. The consolidated Dominion Modeling feature in each chapter illustrates how the mathematical topic can enhance our service for Christ.
Each lesson contains a thorough development of key concepts and detailed examples to promote student comprehension. Practical applications are integrated throughout. Expanded exercise sets graded by A, B, and C difficulty levels allow teachers to assign work based on the student’s skill level. Each lesson also contains additional cumulative review exercises strategically designed to help students retain information from previous lessons and be prepared for the next lesson.Algebra 2
covers concepts such as linear, quadratic, polynomial, radical, and rational functions, exponential and logarithmic functions, and probability and statistics. Complex numbers are also covered throughout the text.
Two new chapters cover matrix features and sequencing and series. New features include carefully selected Internet keyword searches for helping students locate online tools and enrichment, college entrance test preparation questions, Technology Corners emphasizing the use of graphing calculators and spreadsheets, and optional programming projects.
This eTextbook is offered through the VitalSource Bookshelf platform. Delivering digital content to more than 1.6 million users on 6,000 campuses in 180 countries. VitalSource® is the preferred and most used eTextbook platform in higher education today.
Features of VitalSource® eTextbooks:
- Simple process—After the book is purchased, the student signs up for a free Vitalsource Bookshelf account online, enters the special code received from BJU Press, and receives the eTextbook in his virtual bookshelf.
- Anywhere, anytime access—The student gets three-way access to the eTextbook: mobile, online, and download (available on PC/Mac desktops and laptops, iOS devices, and Android devices) for sixteen months.
- Study features—Students can highlight text, define text, write notes, and search eTextbook contents and notes.
- Note sharing—Students can share notes or subscribe to friends or teacher’s notes. Notes are synchronized across all devices.
- Page fidelity—pagination in both hard copy textbooks and eTextbooks is the same, enabling all students to be on the same page no matter which version they use in the classroom.
VitalSource eTextbooks expire 16 months after redemption and are not returnable.